One of the greatest ways to interact with customers is undoubtedly through social media.
This is why it is essential to ensure that your social media content is not outdated and obsolete, resulting in it being completely overlooked.
To get the most out of your company’s social media department, it may be worth (it will definitely be worth) you drawing up a checklist that tidy’s up your feeds. It won’t take long, and the rewards will be very noticeable in regards to the positive impact that they will have on your business.
Below is a ‘social media clean-up checklist’ to help steer you through the choppy waters that you may encounter.
- Audit Profiles– Make sure you know the platforms that both you, and your consumers are regularly using. This will allow you to then discard excess profiles that don’t fit with your business or its customers.
- Admin Settings– Check and review your admin settings across all platforms. This will result in only the appropriate staff being able to make updates, post content, answer messages, and view statistics.
- Check the size of your images– Make sure that the images that you have at your disposal are suitable, and meet the requirements of each platform.
- Re-check brand consistency– This will ensure that your imagery, voice, and handles (e.g. @brighteridea) are identical across all platforms.
- Clean up your banners– Use attention-grabbing and business-like designed banners at the top of your social media pages.
- Update Bio and contact information– On the ‘About’ details sections of each platform, make sure that all phone numbers and hours of business are up-to-date.
- Use Keywords– Make sure you use your company’s SEO keywords in all of your social media profiles.
- Link to other profiles– It is essential that all are of your social media profiles are linked to one another and also your website.
- Review your tagging settings– This will allow you to determine the level of customer-tagged content you wish to have on your company profile feed.
- Private Messages– Always make sure that your company puts time aside to reply to private messages. Some platforms will offer an auto-response for this area.
- Post Regularly– Create a schedule so that your business can consistently post updates, share content, and reshare other people’s content.
- Use media that this visual– Whenever it is possible, post with videos and/or photos. Research shows that visual media gets significantly more interaction than text-only posts.
By following these steps, your business will undoubtedly reap the rewards that are on offer. You may think that you can’t be bothered, or don’t have the time to check all of the above and put into practice, but it will definitely be worth the effort in the long run.
If you still feel in the dark about your social media strategy, or simply just want further tips or advice, please contact Brighter Directions on 01246 586330, or at firstname.lastname@example.org