What marks the beginning of the holiday season for you? Or, what is your favourite part of the holiday season?
The festive season can actually inspire your marketing efforts to help you reach your target audience and build your profile. Here are a few simple ways you can use the festive season to inspire your social media strategy.
- Decorate your social media, change your cover or profile pictures to look more festive. Fresh cover photos can help motivate people to check-in on your pages. Even if you don’t sell products or services to a B2C base, it’s still a great idea to post festive pictures, even if they are of a festively decorated workplace.
- If you have more than one social media account use the same or similar festive images on all platforms to show consistency.
- Share in some Christmas fun as we have. Engage people, get them excited about the season and in turn they can get excited about you and your brand. Create posts that are asking what their favourite thing is about Christmas, maybe their favourite food, movie, advert, or song. You could ask what their most memorable Christmas moment is. What do they love or hate about Christmas dinner?
- Finally just because you might have a day of rest on Christmas day doesn’t mean your social media should. Wish everyone a Merry Christmas on the big day. People are going to be online wishing their own friends and family a Happy Christmas. So send out (even if it is scheduled) a Merry Christmas to everyone from your business.
For some festive fun here at Brighter Directions we asked some of our staff members what it was about Christmas they loved:
- Claire likes the Coca-Cola advert and the truck. Let’s face it, when you see Santa on the side of a delivery truck or on a can, you know the holidays are coming!
- Ryan’s favourite Christmas film is The Nightmare before Christmas, making time to watch it at least once each Christmas Eve as part of his holiday traditions.
- Mark is about family at this time of year especially with his little boy and it being his first Christmas. Mark is looking forward to his grandparents visiting and spending Christmas with them all.
- Sharon’s all-time favourite Christmas song is by Greg Lake – I Believe in Father Christmas.
- Amy enjoys watching her little boy opening his presents on Christmas Day.
- Kelly just loves Christmas as a whole, but she especially loves this year’s ‘The Big Night’ advert by Sainsbury’s, you have to love the kid dressed as a plug launching himself into a wall. And she makes a Christmas cake every year.
- Carla finds the smell of cinnamon spices, and watching Home Alone always has her feeling in the festive spirit. The only thing she hates at Christmas is Brussels sprouts
- Danielle has taken inspiration from the classic Mean Girls’ dance, adopting Jingle Bells as her Christmas soundtrack of choice whilst exploring the local markets and indulging in the spread of festive foods.
What gets you into the Christmas spirit? Is it the sound of that familiar Christmas song on the radio? Or is it, like Claire, the sight of that first Coca-Cola holiday advertisement?
The Christmas holidays are very nearly upon us now and for many businesses, this means they will be closing down and going on holidays, but it doesn’t mean you need to wind down your marketing activities for the year.
Keep going, have fun and have an amazing Christmas!