If you’re serious about increasing your brand engagement and traffic to your website, then video definitely deserves a place in your marketing arsenal. Thanks to streams like YouTube, not to mention Facebook’s automatic streaming of video content, more and more people are engaging with visual media like this.
Here are ten statistics we’ve read this week that demonstrate the importance of video marketing as part of your content strategy.
- Only 20 per cent of users will bother reading text beyond about 300 words. 80 per cent of users, on the other hand, will engage with a video that contains exactly the same content.
- YouTube has now claimed its place as the world’s second largest search engine. First, of course, is Google. So by being on both Google and YouTube, you’ve opened the door to the biggest international market available.
- By 2017, it is estimated that 74 per cent of all traffic on the internet will be video. People are already turning to video, and with faster broadband speeds and unlimited data packages becoming the norm, your business needs to be there to keep up with the times.
- Currently, 92 per cent of mobile video viewers will share the content with their friends. If you’re looking for viral marketing, video should be your new best friend.
- In terms of sales, research by Forbes shows that 65 per cent of executives will visit a vendor’s site after watching a video. Added to this, 39 per cent will call a vendor after watching their video.
- Videos aren’t just for YouTube either. Statistics show that homepage videos can increase conversion rates by up to 20 per cent or more. They are also more likely to stay on your website for longer; up to two minutes extra compared to websites with text only.
- Email marketers Unbounce found that videos on landing pages can increase conversion by up to 80 per cent.
- If you’re keen to move with the times, only 24 per cent or brands are currently using video marketing as part of their content marketing activities. Strike now, and become a leader in your industry for this medium.
- More than 100 million internet users watch a video every day. Of course, some of these are watching the latest humorous cat video, but a whole bunch of them are actually looking for instructions on how to do something or for advice. And many of them are looking to buy a product or service.
- Getting involved in video marketing can help your other campaigns too. Research by Syndacast showed that using the word ‘video’ in your email subject line boosts open rates by 19 per cent. It also showed a click through rate increase of 65 per cent, and a reduction in unsubscribes of 26 per cent.
Without doubt, video marketing is a powerful method of boosting engagement with your brand. If you want to find out more about what video marketing can do for your business, talk to us today on 01246 252855