When creating your Instagram account for the business if you already have a Twitter account use the same Twitter name – makes it easier for people to find you, upload the company / brand logo as the Profile Picture – endorses brand awareness
Tips for using Instagram for business;
- Balance fun images with pictures from your business
- Gain followers; connect your Instagram with your FB , use hashtags and engage with posts (like/comment)
- Upload videos; embed your Instagram video in your blog / website – this helps extend the reach of your content
- Follow your followers back
- Create / schedule a posting plan – don’t post every day as this will ‘spam’ peoples feed, have ideas of what to post and only do this a couple of times a week
- Make a list of apps that enhance your photo sharing, apps that; allow users to print images, search tags and keywords, subscribe to Instagram profiles via email, and download your Instagram photos etc.
- Post photos that are relevant to your brand, don’t just ‘sell’ your products/ services post other updates that are interesting to the brand and to the core target customer, also think about what makes a great, proactive engaging image
- You can host photo contests; using hashtags to organise submissions and an RSS feed to follow along with new photos as they are added
- Market your brand using trends – #tbt
- Network; engage, follow your established followers from other SM platforms, include your hashtags from other platforms (twitter, fb, google +)
- Include brand information on the profile
- BizMetrics & Curalate are analytics – track most popular posts engagement and overview
- Reward your followers with discount codes and promos etc.
- Showcase photos of your employees – not only does this show your followers who works for your company and them in action doing the job it also rewards the employer with recognition within the company
- Statigram – a tool to find hashtags and people that are in the same / relevant industry
- Make sure you hashtag events and locations that the company attend making it easier for people to find you!
If you would like further help and support developing your social media activities, then contact one of our professional social media team on 01246 252855