Networking is fast becoming ‘the’ way to do business, as the current economic climate ensures budgets are cut back, networking is still a cost effective way to meet new contacts, build relationships and do business.
Here are our top ten tips to ensure your networking like a pro:
1. Set a goal before the event – go well prepared with plenty of business cards and practise your 60 second introduction
2. Make a good impression with your body language – stand up straight, and be open for new people approaching you
3. Speak clearly and calmly when introducing yourself and your business
4. Good manners are fundamental to any business activity, be polite
5. Find out about people there, ask open questions about them and avoid dominating the conversation by talking about yourself
6. Don’t go to sell, go to meet new people – networking is a long term activity to build relationships and trust
7. Have an open mind, you learn something new when you least expect it
8. Remember everyone is there to meet new people, they want to talk to you so don’t be nervous about approaching people!
9. SMILE and enjoy yourself, it is supposed to be fun
10. Follow up on the contacts you made within a few days
Brighter Networking is changing…. watch this space for more details (coming soon)
To attend our events please visit: www.brighternetworking.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org