Recession is still looming, the media has a news story of doom to print on a daily basis, sales targets are tough to reach, marketing budgets are slashed, the supplier increased costs, your boss is on your case for your latest figures, technology is a pain, and you’ve just lost your prime client to your competitor, and have just found out Christmas is only a few weeks away – could it get any worse?
Here are our top five tips to help you move through the difficult times with a smile on your face (even if it is just for show!)
1) Stay positive – if you smile and think happy thoughts your frame of mind will follow suit, and its infectious (always smile when you answer the phone!)
2) Get proactive – write to do lists, they increase your productivity and time management skills enabling you to take care of your workload adn not get bogged down with trivia things
3) Reflect – if you have a problem to face think about how you overcome the challenge the last time, try writing things down so you have your thoughts clearly displaced on paper
4) Talk – talking major decisions over with a friend, associate or business contact will help to put things into perspective and maybe alert a new way of thinking
5) Be honest – telling the truth to your clients when something has gone wrong promotes a better outcome and a chance to build your relationship on strong foundations of trust
Overall stay positive and if things are getting too much for you, seek professional assistance and support
Brighter Directions offer a business support program which includes ongoing development assessments, with tailored advice and support for small businesses around the East Midlands.
For more information, please visit: www.brighterdirections.co.uk