PR should be a continuous process wether you outsource your public relations management or do it yourself inhouse. Oursourcing PR can be done on a regular contract basis, or can be done on a ad-hoc basis:
As a one-off basis some companies will simply put together a press release, send it out, and hope that it delivers results. This method is low cost but risky in that results are not guaranteed. They should also distribute your news through online medias (across the internet).
You may also wish to complement your traditional PR activities through generating buzz in other ways, such as social media, optimisation, guerrilla marketing or getting bloggers to write about your company.
If you decide to hire a PR agency here’s a checklist to follow before choosing one particular firm:
- Different PR agencies specialise in different areas. Some are better at promoting established businesses whereas others are more focused on newly formed companies.
- Do they understand your company and its industry?
- History. Ask for copies of press releases and media coverage that they have obtained in the past.
- Are they desperate? A good PR agency is a busy PR agency. They shouldn’t be desperately trying to encourage you to take them on – they should simply present the facts and let you make up your own mind in your own time.
- Do they have the media contacts?
Generally you can look to hire a PR agency on a one-off or on-going basis. The PR agency should have local, regional, and national press contacts – previous work should illustrate this.
If you are looking for PR support in your business, please contact Brighter Directions on 01246 252855 or visit the website for more details https://www.brighterdirections.co.uk/