Understanding your customer profiles is a VITAL to ensuring your marketing success, and also the one that can kill your business quicker than you can say ‘where did they go?’
Not only is it an essential tool for marketing professionals, it also works as a great reference tool for other departments such as operations, sales, customer services etc.
Where to start, put fingers to your keyboard and note down;
- Overview of the people you want to target – Who they are (titles, departments, demographics), where to find them, and related context. Any clues for “spotting” them and best points of entry.
- Their needs and challenges – What problems or “pain” do they face, and how can you fix it? Don’t just think about the basics of features/ benefits – but think in marketing terms – what vocabulary or phrases that are likely to come up in conversation that really engages them?
- Questions – Ask about specific needs and the CONTEXT in which they operate or make purchasing decisions, so that you have a clear example of their buying decisions, points of contact and what motivates them to choose suppliers.
- If in doubt, utilise one of the hundreds of customer profiling templates available online, simply select “customer profiling template” and take your pick…
- Once you have your profile – Demonstrate ability. Utilise your case study and previous client portfolio to work for you, target specific sectors you have proven experience in and with initial contacts, send over samples of what impact you have made on similar companies/ models
Want to know more about how you can utilise customer profiling in marketing?
Brighter Directions are a specialist outsourced marketing agency, working with firms to provide professional, expert remote marketing support staff either on a long-term basis or through short term campaigns.
To learn more about how you can absorb your marketing plan better, call us on 01246 252855